Some Things I wish I was told during childhood.
1. It is not your fault that you are abused
2. Children can go through stress too, and that is okay.
3. Your emotions are valid, your feelings are valid.
4. You deserve to feel safe at your home.
5. You are not owned by your Warden
6. Discipline should not be violent.
7. It is okay to be uncomfortable around people who harmed you.
8. You have a right to say no when you are touched in private areas.
9. You are not responsible for other people’s feelings.
10. You don’t need to be an abuse survivor to be a resilient adult.